Vegan Recipe: Banana Oatmeal Cookies
April 2nd, 2011
Banana Oatmeal Cookies
My absolute favorite cookie recipe! Best with chocolate chips!
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour (or unbleached flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 cups quick oats
- 3 tbsp water (add more if it is too dry)
- optional: whey protein powder, chocolate chips, flax seeds, hemp seeds, walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Mix sugar, oil and water in a bowl.
- Add the mashed banana and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in oats then add any optional ingredients. If too wet, let stand so the oats soak up liquid.
- Drop tablespoon sized pieces onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 mins (or until brown on the bottoms) and allow to cool for 5 mins.