Vegetarian Recipe: Sweet Potato Biscuits
October 22nd, 2011
A great side dish for soup or chili on a cold day!
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup rice milk
- 1/4 cup mashed sweet potato
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well
- Cut butter into small pieces and add to mixture. Using fingers, work butter into mixture until it is like cornmeal.
- In small bowl, combine milk and sweet potato. Mix well with a fork.
- Add to flour mixture and stir quickly until it forms a ball.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface 14 times (do not overwork).
- Pat dough until it is 1/2 inches thick and cut into rounds with cookie cutter. Repeat until all dough is used.
- Place rounds on cookie sheet and back for 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.